"Your mother & my mother, your soul & my soul, your heart & my heart"



Our very dear friend, Simran (whose name means the continuous Remembrance of God; 
we call her Miss Simmie!), is taking care of us for a few days. 
We're so blessed!
Remember her from here, here, here, here & here!











Fear is the cheapest room in the house.

I would like to see you living

in better conditions,

for your mother and my mother

were friends.


I know the Innkeeper

in this part of the universe.

Get some rest tonight,

come to my verse tomorrow.

We’ll go speak to the Friend together.


I should not make any promises right now,

but I know if you

pray

somewhere in this world -

something good will happen.


God wants to see

more love and playfulness in your eyes

for that is your greatest witness to Him.


Your soul and my soul

once sat together in the Beloved’s womb

playing footsie.


Your heart and my heart

are very, very old

friends.




~ Hafiz
(translation by Daniel Ladinsky)











Comments