MAS tonight! Woo hoo!



This photo is taken 33 steps forward from my front door and a turn to the left!
I happened across an interview snippet on CBC radio yesterday as I drove to do an errand.
Freeman Patterson, an award-winning Canadian nature photographer and former theology student,
spoke on creativity in our own backyards!
He invited listeners to be present with what's in front of them, rather than imaging that somewhere else is better. (!)  
Photograph what's close to you, rather than wait to travel to an exotic locale.
He suggested a creativity exercise. 
In your own backyard, pick 2 numbers and directions, then walk the 1st number & direction, stop, and walk the 2nd number & direction. 
That's where you stop and photograph from. Don't move from there.
Right away, I heard 33 forward, stop, turn left.
I took 16 photos from that spot and this is the one that drew me the most. The 1st one taken!
I'm most compelled by the little dot of blue to the left of the hydrangea flower 
& the shape of the leaf tip with the sunlight on it.
Fun to play!






I've missed you, MAS!
We meet tonight!

Yes!
Rest!
Blessed!








Comments