"What prevents you from living the way you want to live your life?"!



I took this photo a few days ago in the early morning sunshine. 
Today we have beautiful grey skies and a soft drizzle, not as conducive to photo-taking!







I woke up this morning with H.H. The Dalai Lama in my awareness. Mostly, he represents happiness to me, though compassion and kindness follow quickly. Years ago, in the early 90's, I was blessed enough to meet him for the first time here in Vancouver. The Vancouver Sun's front page headline read, "Well, Hello Dalai!" His teaching took place in a massive convention room where I sat about half-way back from the front. We were instructed to arrive early and wait. Large video screens had been set up in the room so that no matter where we sat we could still have a good view. I had bought along some hand weaving which I was working on. I wasn't wearing a watch (no cell phones or iPads in those days!) so I didn't know what time it was. We'd been waiting a long time. All of a sudden a waterfall of tears came out of my eyes. I didn't know what was happening. I looked on the video screen and didn't see anything. Then I looked way way into the far corner to a doorway and saw H.H. walking through. I realized that my heart, my being, had recognized him even before he entered the room! Needless to say, this love is still strong today.

Here are a few pearls of wisdom that speak to me today:





“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.” 



“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.”



“There is only one important point you must keep in your mind and let it be your guide. No matter what people call you, you are just who you are. Keep to this truth. You must ask yourself how is it you want to live your life. We live and we die, this is the truth that we can only face alone. No one can help us, not even the Buddha. So consider carefully, what prevents you from living the way you want to live your life?” 



“Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.” 




~ H.H. The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet







Happy glorious day to you!

Much Love




Comments